Recipe by and repost from @mariaemmerich_recipes
Link to recipe: https://mariamindbodyhealth.com/carnivore-scotch-egg/
3 large eggs
1/3 pound ground pork (or ground beef)
1/4 teaspoon Redmond Smoked Salt or plain salt
1/3 cup Carnivore Crisps Flour (chicken, beef, or beef and organ blend)
1 small egg beaten
- To cook perfect soft-boiled eggs, fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil. Gently place the eggs in the boiling water and cook for 4 1/2 minutes. Remove the eggs from the water and place in ice water for 10-15 minutes. Once cool, carefully peel the eggs and set them aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground pork with the salt until well combined. Place one-third of the pork on a piece of parchment paper, and, using your hands, flatten it out into as thin a circle as possible. Place a soft-boiled egg in the center of the meat and wrap the meat up and around the egg using parchment paper to lift it over the egg. Secure it closed by pressing the meat together, being careful not to break open the egg. Place the beaten egg into a small bowl. Place the Carnivore Crisps Flour into another small bowl. Dip the pork wrapped eggs gently into the beaten egg, then into the Carnivore Crisp Flour. Use your hands to form a crust around each scotch egg.
- Place the eggs on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the Carnivore Crisps flour is crisp and the pork is cooked through.
- To serve, slice each fried egg in half with a very sharp serrated knife. Place the halves, cut side up.
- Store extras in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat leftovers on a rimmed baking sheet in a 400°F oven for 7 minutes, or until heated through.