Recipe by @mariaemmerich
My 7-layer “bean” dip is delicious! And you’ll never guess the secret ingredient
I love serving my 7-layer bean dip with Carnivore Crisps Chicken Breast Chips! Absolutely delicious, all the crunch, zero carbs . Don't forget to checkout Maria's website for more recipe!
- LAYER ONE:
- 4 pounds pork shoulder (or pork butt, about 2½ pounds meat yield)
- ¼ cup taco seasoning (click HERE to find)
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef or pork broth (I used kettle and fire beef broth)
- 4 tablespoons butter (or bacon fat if dairy free)
- ADDITIONAL LAYERS:
- 1 cup sour cream (or guacamole if dairy free)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (omit if dairy free)
- 3 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- ¼ cup sliced black olives, optional
- Serve with pork rinds
- Carnivore crisps chicken breast
- Season the pork shoulder on all sides with taco seasoning. Place in a 6 quart slow cooker. Add the onions, garlic and broth. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours (or low for 6-8 hours) or until very fork tender. Use 2 forks to shred to very small pieces.
- Place ½ of the shredded pork into a powerful blender. Add ½ cup liquid from the slow cooker and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Pulse and puree until you have a smooth pate (you may need to open the top and move the liquid around). Taste and add more taco seasoning and salt if desired.
- In a large glass bowl or 9 inch pie plate, spread the pork pate.
- Spread the sour cream (or guacamole) on top of the pork.
- Place the rest of the shredded pork on top of the sour cream layer.
- Layer the salsa on top of the shredded pork, followed by shredded lettuce, cheese, green onion, diced tomato, green onion if desired.
- Serve with pork rinds and Carnivore Crisps!